Applications are now closed for 2023.
The Leaders Plus NHS Fellowship is a supportive leadership career development Programme for NHS leaders with young children who are ambitious in their careers.
It is open to all NHS clinical and non-clinical staff who are passionate about career development and have young children between the ages of 0 and 11.
We are specifically looking for individuals who are willing to actively engage with a group of their peers, and who are keen to progress their careers and make a difference to others.
FIND OUT MORE
We have put together some additional information below, as well as answers to our most frequently asked questions on our FAQ page.
If you've got a question about the NHS Fellowship that hasn't been answered here, or you're wondering if it's right for you, please get in touch with our team.
For advice on securing employer funding for the NHS Fellowship please read this blog.
You can access all the information you need to apply via the application form which is available by entering your email address via the online form above.
- Please ensure you meet the selection criteria below and if you have any questions about eligibility before applying please email Jo Denoris (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to help.
- We are particularly looking for individuals who are passionate about their careers, will contribute to the peer network, and drive a positive movement for change.
Can you answer 'yes' to the following questions?
- Do you work in, or with, the NHS?
- Are you a parent?
- Have you got a child in Primary school, a toddler or a baby? (The programme is also accessible during maternity leave, shared parental leave or adoption leave)
- Are you passionate about continuing to develop your career?
- Are you willing to support other parents on the programme to continue to develop their career whilst enjoying their children?
- Is your current/last role a job with significant responsibility, i.e. a management or leadership role?
- Can you commit a small amount of time alongside your work and childcare to devote to the Fellowship Programme?
If you answered 'yes' to all of the above then you can apply!
We run this programme across a number of groups, with limited numbers in each. We advise applying early to secure your group of choice.
Our Programme is inclusive and welcoming of all family set ups. All applicants complete the same online form and all applications are fairly assessed against the Fellows criteria.
The final deadline for 2023 NHS Fellowship applications is: Tuesday 11th July (Midnight).
If you have any questions about your application then please don't hesitate to contact us.
Our NHS Fellowship is accredited by the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
The NHS Foundation Fellowship costs £2390 + VAT for the initial 6-month NHS Foundation Fellowship.
The optional NHS Changemaker Fellowship (available 12 months after completion of the Foundation Fellowship) costs an additional £1490 + VAT.
Please note: it is possible to pay in 2 instalments.
We have advice on securing funding from your employer here.
Hardship Fund and Part-Funded Places
We aim to make the Fellowship accessible to all and have a small number of heavily subsidised places available for those ambitious parents who are facing financial hardship. The cost of a hardship-funded place is £30 and you can find out more about the criteria here.
The Impact of the Leaders Plus Fellowship