Are you interested in becoming a Non-Executive Director (NED)? Do you know what the role involves and where to find the best opportunities?
On this week’s Leaders With Babies podcast Verena chats to Non-Executive Director and Leaders Plus Fellow Lucy Walker about why you should consider becoming an NED, diversity on boards, plus Lucy’s journey combining two young kids with a board career.
Lucy shares her tips including:
- Why it can help to be a Trustee first
- Practical things Lucy did to make her applications stand out
- How to structure your CV specifically for a NED role
- Where to look for the best quality roles
- 2 things anyone keen to become an NED can do today in just 10 minutes
Useful Resources Mentioned by Lucy
Women on Boards: www.womenonboards.net
Dynamic Boards: www.dynamicboards.co.uk
First Flight Non-Executive Directors: www.firstflightnonexec.com
This episode was recorded during the COVID-19 Lockdown.