Join our small but ambitious social enterprise to help more parents progress their careers and achieve gender equality in senior leadership
Salary: £32,000 Full time equivalent
Contract: 4 days per week, permanent, open to any form of flexible and remote working (e.g. term time only contract, job share etc).
Location: Remote, any UK location. You will be joining us for meetings in London approximately once every two months.
The job in a sentence
You will help grow applications to our award winning Leaders Plus Fellowship programme through excellent sales funnel management and marketing.
Do you want to play a part in helping leaders with young children achieve their career aspirations without sacrificing everything? Are you an excellent comms all rounder who enjoys working in a target driven environment, knows about sales funnels and can produce solid content that is useful to the audience? Are you highly organised and enjoy getting stuff done in a dynamic hands-on role where you are the whole marketing department? If ‘Yes’, then you could be our next Digital Marketing Coordinator.
Reporting directly to the CEO and Founder, the purpose of your role as Digital Marketing Coordinator is to increase applications to our Leaders Plus Fellowship and ensure employers approach us to work with us.
Apply: Cover letter (max 1 page) and CV (max 2 pages) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining how you fulfil the key requirements of the role and answering the following two questions:
- What attracted you to apply for this role?
- What top 5 successes do you bring where you could apply the learning to this role?
Please include with your application:
- An example of a piece of writing you have produced for the web and an example of a social media post you have worked on across any platform as well as any bonus skills (e.g. technical applications that you are proficient in or experience in video editing)
Closing date: 14 January midnight
Interviews: 22 January
Ideal start: As soon as possible but we can wait for the right candidate
Questions to: email@example.com
We welcome applications to this Digital Marketing Coordinator role from all interested candidates regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, or family circumstances. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues currently underrepresented in our team including those who identify as from an minoritized group.
Things you will lead on as Digital Marketing Coordinator include:
- Marketing to parents
- You write newsletters and emails for our audience of parents that are useful to them and also promote the Fellowship Programmes
- You will manage our sales funnel and take responsibilities for example for application pack downloads
- You will edit and coordinate content creation.
- Employer marketing
- including creating marketing materials that show the benefit of our work to employers and managing an email list for employers including data reporting of this
- Podcast production
- Ensure the podcast is released in a timely fashion (weekly)
- Upload it in the right places so it can be found (we can train you!)
- Write compelling search-engine friendly copy (SEO)
- Finding PR
- Support with booking relevant guests including administration
- Responsive team support on all things comms: for example when our partnerships development team needs some copy for a mailout, you provide this.
- Website management: you manage our website to generate incoming enquiries from both employers and parents
- Social media
- Schedule social media on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Support engagement on social media with key contacts and a very engaged audience that care about our mission
Questions about becoming our Digital Marketing Coordinator?
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to meet:
(Please do apply even if you don‘t fulfil all criteria – some of our strongest applications in the past have been from surprise candidates!)
- You are highly organised and self-motivated, able to prioritise and juggle a varied and fast-paced workload. We know that when we ask you to do something, you get it done quickly or communicate proactively if priorities need to shift!
- You are extremely results oriented and keep your focus on how many people apply to the programme (which is critical to how many people we can help get to senior leadership). You always ensure that you spend your time on tasks that get employers to work with us or get individuals to apply.
- You are able to learn what employers and working parents want. We know that your content responds to the questions they are asking themselves.
- You take initiative and seize opportunities to achieve team goals. We know that when you are clear on our team goals, you will help us achieve those without us telling you every detail of what you need to do.
- You write good emails and can write solid content. We can tell you loosely what we want to communicate and you’ll write something which is clear and focused on the needs of the audience, with SEO at the forefront of the final text.
- You bring solid administration and coordination skills to the comms work and are organised. Because you own your work, we can let you get on with the job and you’ll remind us what needs to get done - we don’t need to follow up with you!
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy juggling things on multiple fronts. We know you are in control of your workload and will get things done, or otherwise let us know if we need to drop or change things.
- With a flexible and ‘can do’ approach. Things change quickly here and you aren’t fazed by that!
- You are good at managing upwards and work with a remote team. You tell us what you need from us and remind us when we forget!
- You are a team player committed to working collaboratively to achieve results. We are all working for the same thing and we will shift what we do if necessary to support the team goal. You’ll ask for help if needed and offer that help, too.
- You are excited to work in a small organisation and an entrepreneurial culture, willing to learn and get involved in activity outside of role remit when required
General Leaders Plus Core Competencies:
- Results orientation
- Activating leadership in others
- Continuous learning
- Planning and organising
- Alignment with the Leaders Plus principles.