Joining us today is Leaders Plus Fellow Amy Gibbs. Amy is CEO of Birthrights, a powerful charity championing human rights in childbirth.
Working part-time in a senior role is (sadly) still an exception and not the norm and Amy describes her journey to becoming a CEO and taking the top position, including how she makes her role work 4 days a week.
Amy also shares her wonderfully honest reflections on setting boundaries, work-life balance and why it’s essential we all prioritise a little more self-care. Rest snacks are just one way to do this, she explains how.
Plus the conversation covers:
- How to become a CEO and the skills needed
- Working flexibly in a senior role
- Why having half days off never works
- Getting over the idea that we have to work and be present all the time
- Setting effective boundaries that work for you
- Burn out and reaching out if you’re struggling
- Why we all need to take more rest snacks
- 3 practical tips for moving to 4 days a week
Honesty always makes for the best conversations so we really hope you enjoy our frank discussion.
Connect with Amy on Twitter @amylwgibbs