How can you secure an internal promotion at work without working all hours and putting your hand up for every task?
Our guest today is Nadia Bunyan, HR Director at Global Witness, an international NGO that works to break the links between natural resource exploitation, conflict, poverty, corruption, and human rights abuses worldwide.
Nadia shares fantastic advice on progressing your career internally, including the three things any parent who is trying to be promoted within their organisation can do today. The conversation also includes:
- How to ensure you choose your employer wisely
- Tips on changing sectors, particularly when looking for something family-friendly
- Guilt and setting boundaries
- Balancing international travel when you are a working parent
- How is hiring different for senior roles
- Plus plenty of interview tips
We hope you enjoy the conversation.
If you’d like to submit a question to the Big Careers, Small Children podcast please record it here https://www.speakpipe.com/BigCareersSmallChildren