My guest today is Jane Beeston, Chief People Officer for Colart (the global market leader for art materials) and mother to two grown up boys.
Becoming a Chief People Officer is the pinnacle of a career in Human Resources and Jane shares with us how being a parent has positively impacted her senior leadership career trajectory, including how having children has allowed her to bring her whole self to work and contributed to her personal development and growth.
This conversation is especially interesting because Jane practices what she preaches having responsibility for peoples work place and she shares with us how she makes those decisions at Colart.
We also discuss:
- How being a parent positively impacted Jane’s career
- Imposter syndrome and how to overcome it
- How to build your confidence at work
- Bringing your whole self to work
- Speaking without emotion about pay rises
- Moving to China for her career
- Why Colart are champions of flexible working
Jane was one of the earliest champions of our social enterprise and is passionate about supporting leaders with babies to progress their careers. We hope you enjoy the discussion and find the advice shared valuable.
Please remember to rate, review, subscribe and share with any friends, family, or colleagues who may benefit.