Having a baby is a huge transition for any couple and navigating life as a new family can be particularly challenging.
This week’s guest, Catherine O’Brien, is an expert in relationships. As a marriage and family therapist and the author of the brilliant book Happy With Baby she shares with new parents the advice she wishes she could have had as a parent, whilst giving practical tips on how to keep your relationship afloat after starting a family.
Our discussion includes:
- How to make time for each other when leaving the house for a date night isn’t an option
- When it’s time to seek outside support from counselling
- How to make sure you’re present with your partner
- Ways to share the mental load
- How to ask for help so that your partner hears you
Enjoy this week’s inspiring episode and if you’d like to connect with Catherine you can head to www.happywithbaby.com/ for more details about her work, including where to buy her wonderful book.
Head to www.leadersplus.org/couples/ for more resources, including a checklist of 10 questions all couples should answer before returning from Maternity Leave, Shared Parental Leave or Adoption Leave.
Please remember to rate, review, and subscribe and share with any friends, family, or colleagues who may benefit