“With job sharing the company gets two people - two ideas, two heads, two brains.”
Prefer to read this interview? Scroll down for the transcript.
Ours guests today Lydia Leipert and Rebecca Zöller share a senior role at a Bavarian broadcaster and have even been nicknamed “Lydecca” by their colleagues.
As they put it themselves - "between us we have 4 children, are 2 women and share 1 job".
Lydia and Rebecca share the story of how they found each other, why job sharing can work so fantastically and how you can convince your employer to support you in a job share.
We hope you enjoy the conversation.
- Find details of Lydia and Rebecca's book Geteilte Arbeit, doppelt durchstarten!: So funktioniert Jobsharing (currently only available in German)
- Visit the Lydecca website at www.lydecca-jobsharing.com
For helpful resources on job sharing in the UK look at:
- The Job Share Pair www.thejobsharepair.com - resources and community for job sharers as well as coaching and consulting (Hannah and Rachel were also on episode 73 of the Big Careers, Small Children Podcast, listen here)
- Flexible Working People - a community of professionals searching for flexible roles flexibleworkingpeople.com
- Daisy Chain - a free online platform where people can match with flexible employers daisy-chain.com
- Investing in Women - a jobs board for part-time and flexible roles investinginwomen.co.uk
- Working Mums - part time and flexible roles www.workingmums.co.uk
Transcript coming soon