How can you juggle your senior career when your children are born prematurely?
Our guest this week is Lucy McAuliffe, Stations and Security Director at Network Rail and parent to 5-year-old twins and a 16-month toddler.
Lucy and her wife’s twins arrived 8 weeks earlier than planned, not long after Lucy had started a new senior position.
- The reality of having premature children
- Why the discretionary support you’re given at work can make all the difference
- Advice on moving from 2 to 3 children
- Working full time and managing perceptions at school drop off
- Dealing with assumptions when you’re in a same-sex couple
- How being a parent gives you a different lens on leadership
We hope you enjoy the conversation.
If you’d like to submit a question to the Big Careers, Small Children podcast please record it here https://www.speakpipe.com/BigCareersSmallChildren